The Lensbaby 3G SLR lens for Canon SLR Cameras combines an old-fashioned bellows camera with an up-tight tilt-shift lens, and the 3G allows photographers to lock the Lensbaby in a desired bent position simply by pressing a button. Then, using a traditional barrel focus mechanism, you can do fine focusing and precisely place the sweet spot of sharp focus before pressing the shutter release. Lensbaby selective focus SLR camera lenses take photos with one area in sharp focus, with that sweet spot surrounded by graduated blur. You can move the sweet spot of sharp focus anywhere in the photo by bending the flexible lens tubing. The Lensbaby 3G features the same low dispersion, high refractive index, multi-coated optical glass doublet and the same flexible tubing as Lensbaby 2.0, but adds three focusing rails that emerge from the camera mount and pass through the focusing collar. A trigger button on the focusing collar releases three pins that engage the focusing rails and lock Lensbaby 3G in a bent position. Once Lensbaby 3G is locked into place, additional fine focus can be achieved by turning the barrel focusing ring, which moves the optic in and out like a normal manual focus lens. Also, in the locked position, you can make small adjustments to the placement of the sweet spot of focus by turning any combination of the three focusing rails. While the Lensbaby 2.0 is a good choice for fluid, photojournalistic shots, the Lensbaby 3G plays well with pros who require precise focusing, complete control, and repeatability. Other features include: Focal length: About 50mm Minimum focus: 12 inches Apertures: f2, f2.8, f4, f5.6, f8, f11, f16, f22 Aperture type: Interchangeable levitating aperture disks Automatic light metering is possible by shooting in aperture priority mode for almost all digital and film SLR camera bodies What's in the Box
Lensbaby 3G Selective Focus SLR Lens, metal lens cap, aperture discs, disc removal tool
- Flexible, selective focus lens that, unlike the Original Lensbaby and Lensbaby 2.0, has locking and fine focusing capabilities
- This 50mm lens with a coated optical glass doublet captures images with one area in sharp focus, with that "sweet spot"
- Magnetically suspended disc aperture system allows f/2.0, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8.0, f/11, f/16, f/22 aperture settings
- 38 mm threads allow you to attach Lensbaby Macro Kit lenses, wide angle and telephoto conversion lenses, and other filters and accessories
- Note: Lensbaby does not communicate electronically with your camera body